- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 12 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Layer a third of the potatoes, ham, cheese, green pepper and onion in a greased 6-qt. slow cooker. Repeat layers twice.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, salt and pepper; pour over top. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes. Reduce heat to low; cook for 2-1/2 to 3-1/2 hours or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 12 servings (1-1/3 cups each).
Reviews forHash Brown Egg Breakfast
"I love it and change it up by adding sausage or bacon instead of ham, veggies, or cream cheese instead of or in addition to cheddar. Sometimes I use blueberries, strawberries or even mango for a different taste."
"This is a good recipe. The amount of green pepper (sweet or bell pepper) and onion are up to your tastes to increase it or decrease it to your liking.This is not an exact measurement like baking is...so dtracy9999 put in as much as you like , large & medium size are not exact amounts!!"
"Why don't people tell you what KIND of green pepper to use? Bell? Habanero? I also agree with the post about the size of pper and onion. Please be specific!"
"Here's a link ( http://www.culinarylore.com/measurements:onion-sizes-and-amounts-chopped ) to tell you about onion sizes and their amounts. Bell peppers are about the same."