Hash Brown Cheese Omelet
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1-3/4 cups frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2 cups egg substitute
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 slices reduced-fat process American cheese product
- In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, saute onion and green pepper. Add potatoes; cook and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- In a bowl, beat egg substitute, water and pepper; pour over vegetables. As eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. Just before eggs are completely set, place cheese slices over half of the omelet. Fold the omelet in half and transfer to a warm serving platter.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 239 calories, 7g fat (0 saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 457mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 21g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch.
Aug 11, 2016
I just used eggs because I didn't have egg substitute. It was a delicious.
Feb 14, 2010
this was excellent. i substituted 1/3 swiss and 2/3 shredded cheddar for cheese and put 1/4 c ham pieces on top and did not fold it, just put a lid on til set. i couldn't stop eating it. also i used red pepper for the green.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.