- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1-3/4 cups frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2 cups egg substitute
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 slices reduced-fat process American cheese product
- In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, saute onion and green pepper. Add potatoes; cook and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- In a bowl, beat egg substitute, water and pepper; pour over vegetables. As eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. Just before eggs are completely set, place cheese slices over half of the omelet. Fold the omelet in half and transfer to a warm serving platter. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forHash Brown Cheese Omelet
"I just used eggs because I didn't have egg substitute. It was a delicious."
"this was excellent. i substituted 1/3 swiss and 2/3 shredded cheddar for cheese and put 1/4 c ham pieces on top and did not fold it, just put a lid on til set. i couldn't stop eating it. also i used red pepper for the green."