Hash Brown Beef Pie
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 3 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed and drained
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef, onion and garlic until beef is no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomatoes, chili powder, oregano, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Stir in the vegetables.
- 2. Pour into a greased 9-in. pie plate. Combine topping ingredients; spoon evenly over the meat mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 30 minutes.
1 slice: 233 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 389mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 18g protein.
Oct 9, 2018@ckbray 8 ounces = 1 cup
Feb 4, 2017
My husband and grown daughter approved and said they would like to have it again. It was very easy to make. For the frozen mixed vegetables I used equal amounts of frozen string beans and corn. Also, I think there is a mistake in the recipe. 1 cup of shredded cheese is 4 ounces, not 8 ounces as stated. I used 1 cup (4 ounces) and it came out great.
Oct 6, 2015
Quite tasty and easy to make. The only change I made was to sprinkle top with paprika before baking.
Jul 22, 2014
Even my 1 year old granddaughter liked it. We're not great on chopped tomatoes so I used the meat flavored Ragu I had as a substitute and did not used the chili powder. Was very good. Served with watermelon and garlic French bread.
Apr 4, 2012
My family loved it.
Mar 28, 2010
My husband and I took one bite and both agreed it was excellent!
Nov 30, 2009
Pretty good, however, it could use a little of something else....what? I don't know for sure.