- 1 small head cabbage
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon onion salt, optional
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 celery ribs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small onion, cut into wedges
- 1/2 pound whole fresh mushrooms
- 1 small green pepper, cut into pieces
- 4 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled, optional
- Cut cabbage into six wedges; spread butter on cut sides. Place cabbage on a piece of heavy-duty foil (about 24 in. x 18 in.). Sprinkle with onion salt if desired and pepper.
- Arrange the carrots, celery, onion, mushrooms and green pepper around cabbage. Sprinkle with bacon if desired. Fold foil over mixture and seal tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender, turning occasionally. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forHarvest Vegetables
"Thanks for sharing Linda! We tried this recipe yesterday and it was a hit with the adults. My grill may have a higher setting though. Some of my packets dried out a little. Adding a touch of bouquet or water may help that next time I make them."