Harvest Turkey Bread Salad
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 8 cups cubed day-old Italian bread
- 1/4 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce or chutney of your choice
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 6 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, divided
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 large sweet onion, peeled and cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 5 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans or hazelnuts, toasted
- Place bread cubes in an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 250° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Set aside. Increase heat to 400°.
- In a large bowl, combine the cranberry sauce, 2 tablespoons oil, 2 tablespoons vinegar and 1 teaspoon salt. Add sweet potato and onion; toss to coat. Place in a foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until tender, stirring once.
- In a small bowl, combine thyme and pepper with the remaining oil, vinegar and salt. In a large bowl, combine the bread cubes, roasted vegetables, turkey and parsley. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Sprinkle with cranberries and pecans.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 413 calories, 16g fat (2g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 855mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 3g fiber), 31g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 22, 2013
What a fantastic idea to use up leftovers! This dish is an excellent change of pace from ordinary leftovers. I especially love that there are sweet & savory elements in this recipe.