Harvest Sweet Potato Pie Recipe
- 4 large eggs
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups mashed cooked sweet potatoes
- 2 unbaked pastry shells (9 inches)
- Whipped cream, optional
- 1. In a bowl, combine first 10 ingredients; mix well. Beat in sweet potatoes. Pour into pie shells. Bake at 425° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 30-35 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely. Serve with whipped cream if desired. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 piece: 391 calories, 18g fat (10g saturated fat), 88mg cholesterol, 307mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Harvest Sweet Potato Pie
"Made this pie today,one of my favorites. This is my 3rd year with this recipe. Thank you!"
"As someone who grew up eating sweet potato pie I want to say that your recipe looks great! I didn't eat my first bite of pumpkin pie until I was in Junior High and having it for our Thanksgiving meal dessert. I still don't know why anyone would prefer it over sweet potato!!! :) I have my own family recipe for sweet potato pie but I will make yours one day and when I do, I promise not to change your recipe and then leave you comments. Once you change the recipe your comments are about another recipe! :)Regards,CharlotteSweetMothersKitchen.com"
"Thank you so much for a delicious recipe. Love Sweet Potato pie, I prefer this more so than pumpkin."
"My husband asked for a sweet potato pie for the holidays & I think I've found my staple! This recipe was amazing and I don't even like sweet potato pie! I also forgot to add the vanilla (as I'm 9 months pregnant with baby brain...) but the batter is really sweet enough to hold its own and it's nice and spicy. This is an amazing recipe and I can't wait to make it again! Thanks for submitting it!"
"O.K. This is my new FAVORITE recipe. This makes the best sweet potato pie in the world. I will never make it any other way.Thank you so much for sharing this recipe and I hope you don`t mind, I posted it over at the "Recipe" Forum."
"I`m going to make your pie recipe today. I have been having a hard time finding a recipe that uses a full can of evaporated milk. They all use like 3/4 cup. So I was so happy when I found your recipe. I`ll let you know how it turns out.Thanks again,Cathy"