- 2 cups pretzel sticks
- 1 cup mixed nuts
- 1/2 cup sunflower kernels
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 8 cups popped popcorn
- 1 cup candy corn
- 1 cup chocolate bridge mix
- In a large bowl, combine the pretzels, nuts and sunflower kernels. Combine the butter, cinnamon and cloves. Drizzle a third of butter mixture over pretzel mixture; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 300° for 15 minutes.
- Place popcorn in a large bowl; drizzle with remaining butter mixture and toss to coat. Stir into pretzel mixture. Bake 15 minutes longer or until heated through. Cool; transfer to a large bowl. Add candy corn and bridge mix; toss to combine. Yield: 3 quarts.
Reviews forHarvest Snack Mix
"This is an excellent way to use up candy corn. I omitted the sunflower kernels when making this, but it still tasted delicious."
"This is so good - I love making it all year!"
"I brought this mix to our office Halloween pot luck and everyone enjoyed it. A nice mix of salt and sweet. I might try replacing the chocolate with M&M's next time."
"There were too many unrelated ingredients that didn't go well together. More like a bowl full leftover snacks from your pantry."
"I'm surprised at the negative reviews. This recipe lends itself easily to tweaking according to your taste. We subbed corn chex for the pretzels and liked it better. It's a yummy change from what you expect. I forgot to butter the popcorn and it was fine. I do think it needs to be eaten within the day. Ideal for a party where many would be indulging."
"A very tasty snack. I would cut down on the candycorn."
"How can this be a 2010 top 100? The rating is low and the make again percertage is very low. Thought I would give it a try, but I will not make again."
"I made this mix to take to our church harvest party. It was a big hit. There was a little left, and since it is just me and my husband, I sent the leftover home with a family that has two teenage boys who loved the mix. I did get my empty bowl back."
"I eliminated cloves and used M&Ms instead of bridge mix. The mix was devoured!"