“This colorful blend, combining the best of harvest veggies, is a favorite in my house,” shares Edie DeSpain of Logan, Utah. “I serve it with plenty of crusty bread and hot linguine or fettuccine noodles.”
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + standing Cook: 10 min.
- 1 cup cubed eggplant
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 medium green pepper, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3/4 cup diced zucchini
- 3/4 cup diced yellow summer squash
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Hot cooked pasta, optional
- Place eggplant in a colander over a plate; sprinkle with salt and toss. Let stand for 30 minutes; rinse and drain well.
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry the onion, green pepper and garlic in oil for 2-3 minutes. Add the eggplant, zucchini and yellow squash. Cook and stir for 5-7 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir in the parsley, oregano, dill and pepper; heat through. Sprinkle with tomato and Parmesan cheese. Serve over pasta if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 155 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 402mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 5g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 vegetable, 2 fat.
Originally published as Harvest Ratatouille for Two in Cooking for 2 Fall 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.