Harvest Pork Chops
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 boneless loin pork chops (1/2 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, sliced
- Combine salt, pepper, paprika, sage and thyme; sprinkle both sides of pork chops.
- In a skillet, brown chops in oil for 1-2 minutes on each side. Place each chop in the center of a large piece of heavy-duty aluminum foil (about 12 in. x 9 in.). Top with onion slices. Seal foil tightly; place pouches on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 450° for 25 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 189 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 327mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 22g protein.
Feb 15, 2016
Yes, the pork chops were dry. Next time, instead of cooking the chops at 450 degrees, I'll cook it at 350 degrees. Go easy on the rubbed sage. Other than that, it was good. Will make it the next time.
Sep 12, 2015
Very good and easy to make for the dinner idea you need to make in little time. The chops were a little dry.
Feb 19, 2015
This is good! It gets really juicy in the packet. I recommend tenderizing the pork chops before cooking them for extra tenderness.
Dec 21, 2014
These are just ok. Didn't care for the spice combination and they were a little dry. They were ok for one time but wouldn't make them again.
Oct 18, 2014
This is easy and fun to make. I love the no-mess clean up. You need to watch how long to bake. I baked mine a little too long so that they were a little on the dry side. But, they were still good. Even my daughter who doesn't like pork chops ate this one.
Oct 2, 2013
I addded carrots coated in oil and italian seasoning and they came out perfect easy to throw together great flavor
Mar 15, 2013
used different spices....tasted wonderful!! cant wait to make it again!
Feb 25, 2013
This was a quick and delicious recipe. I also used the same seasoning on some asparagus along with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
Feb 25, 2013
This was a quick and delicious recipe.
Aug 7, 2012
This is really a wonderful recipe. So easy to make, easy to clean up and fantastic to eat. I've done the same thing with chicken.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.