Pair with Gallo® Family Vineyards Chardonnay.—Taste of Home Cooking School
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound uncooked spiral pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups thinly sliced green onions
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated skim milk
- 1/2 cup 1% milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 3 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1-1/4 cups dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Chopped fennel fronds, optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add green onions, garlic and fennel; cook and stir 3 minutes. Whisk together milk, flour, salt and pepper until smooth; gradually whisk into onion mixture until blended.
- Bring to boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in pumpkin, turkey and cranberries. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3 minutes or until heated through.
- Drain pasta and place in a large bowl. Add pumpkin sauce; toss well to coat. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and garnish with fennel fronds if desired. Serve immediately.
Originally published as Harvest Pasta in Taste of Home Cooking School Brand Name Cookbook Fall 2009