- 1 pound lean ground beef, browned and drained
- 1 cup minced onion
- 1 can (28 ounces) tomatoes with liquid, cut up
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sliced potatoes
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn, thawed
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen lima beans, thawed
- 1 green pepper, cut into strips
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a mixing bowl, combine beef, onion, tomatoes with liquid, Worcestershire sauce and salt. Spoon into a greased 3-qt. casserole. Layer the potatoes, flour, corn, lima beans and green pepper on top. Bake, covered, at 375° for 45 minutes. Sprinkle with the cheese and continue baking, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forHarvest Hamburger Casserole
"Since it's just the two of us, I made 1/2 the recipe. We don't like tomatoes so I used tomato sauce, garden sweet potatoes, and yellow pepper that I had on hand. This would be good with bread. HD said it was interesting because it contained everything - he loves lima beans."
"This recipe is really good. I didn't use Lima beans and diced the potatoes instead of slicing them. I will definitely be making this again soon."
"my whole family loves this recipe. a few dislike the lima beans so sometimes i leave them out. this makes a nice size casserole and with only 3 in the house there are still no leftovers. the flavors work great together and apart from the long cook time, it comes together quite easy. i have shared this with my mother and she didn't have any leftovers either. definitely one to pass down to future generations. thanks for this amazing recipe :)"
"This is one of those recipes that our family ate but didn't care that much for. It just wasn't that great. It seemed to be lacking in taste."
"My husband and I absolutely love this recipe!"
"This has become one of our favorites on those cool autumn evenings. It is so good!"