Harvest Ham Skillet
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2/3 cup apple juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 fully cooked ham slice (about 1-1/2 pounds and 1 inch thick), quartered
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 green onions, chopped
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and cornstarch. Stir in the apple juice, mustard and lemon juice until smooth; set aside.
- In a large skillet, brown ham slice on both sides in butter. Remove and set aside. Add the apple, cranberries and onions to the skillet; cook for 2-3 minutes or until apple is tender. Stir in the apple juice mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Return ham to the skillet; heat through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 380 calories, 17g fat (6g saturated fat), 98mg cholesterol, 2254mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 31g protein.
Jun 22, 2019
I prepared this recipe tonight and we loved it. The only change was to substitute raisins for craisins which I was out of. Super easy and such good flavor. We both cleaned our plates. We will have this again. Volunteer Field Editor
Jun 15, 2010
This was an ok way to use up extra ham, but I just wasn't impressed with the taste. Easy, but not a "wow" dish.