Harvest Green Salad
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling
- 3 whole medium fresh beets
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat balsamic vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 package (5 ounces) spring mix salad greens
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 4 ounces crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- Wash beets; trim stem and leave root intact. Wrap beets in aluminum foil. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 1 hour or until tender. Remove foil and cool.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the sweet potato and water. Cover and microwave on high for 4-5 minutes or until tender. Cool.
- In a blender, combine vinaigrette and cranberry sauce; cover and process until smooth. Peel beets and cut into slices.
- On six salad plates, arrange the greens, beets and sweet potatoes. Sprinkle with cranberries and cheese. Drizzle with dressing.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1-1/8 cups: 187 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 438mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 fruit.
Oct 5, 2011
This is such a great fall salad! The combination of flavors is fabulous and is very colorful! and it's easy to make. Don't let the beets scare you, it is easy to do.
Mar 26, 2009
4 w.w. points
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.