I get rave reviews with this autumn salad. Guests say that it fills them up without weighing them down. Preparing the beets, sweet potatoes and salad dressing a day early allows me more time with guests. -Beth Royals of Richmond, Virginia
Recommended: 30 Fall Harvest Salads
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 whole medium fresh beets
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat balsamic vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 package (5 ounces) spring mix salad greens
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 4 ounces crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- Wash beets; trim stem and leave root intact. Wrap beets in aluminum foil. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 1 hour or until tender. Remove foil and cool.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the sweet potato and water. Cover and microwave on high for 4-5 minutes or until tender. Cool.
- In a blender, combine vinaigrette and cranberry sauce; cover and process until smooth. Peel beets and cut into slices.
- On six salad plates, arrange the greens, beets and sweet potatoes. Sprinkle with cranberries and cheese. Drizzle with dressing. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Harvest Green Salad in Light & Tasty October 2005, p35
Reviews forHarvest Green Salad
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review