Harvest Corn Chowder Recipe
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cans (14-3/4 ounces each) cream-style corn
- 4 cups whole kernel corn
- 4 cups diced peeled potatoes
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 jar (6 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 3 cups milk
- 1/2 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 to 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- Pepper to taste
- 1/2 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add the cream-style corn, kernel corn, potatoes, soup and mushrooms. Stir in milk. Add green and red peppers. Season with pepper.
- 2. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Garnish with bacon. Yield: about 12 servings (3-1/2 quarts).
1 cup: 265 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 993mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 4g fiber), 14g protein.
Reviews for Harvest Corn Chowder
"easy to make and tasty also. Shared with our neighbors and they loved it!"