- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups cubed red potatoes
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium chicken bouillon granules
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 can (12 ounces) fat-free evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup 1% milk, divided
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- In a large saucepan, saute the onion, red pepper and garlic in oil until onion is tender. Add ham; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Stir in the water, potatoes, corn, bouillon, thyme, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Add chicken; heat through. Stir in the evaporated milk and 1/2 cup milk; bring to a boil. Combine flour and remaining milk until smooth; gradually stir into soup. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews forHarvest Corn Chicken Chowder
"Love this chowder! Very hearty, easy, tasty!"
"This was just ok."
"needs more seasonings. better before adding milk. will not make again."
"I love this recipe!! We had a great corn chowder at a lodge in Wyoming one summer and I have been looking for a recipe that has the same consistency and good flavor, yet not full of fat. So far, this is my favorite. I like the ham in it, but you can make it without also."