Harvest Chicken Rice Soup Recipe
Because the produce in this soup is pureed, you can easily get children to eat their vegetables...without them knowing it! Kids of all ages will surely savor this classic soup.
- 2 celery ribs with leaves
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 pound white potatoes, peeled
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled
- 3 quarts water
- 2 pounds broiler/fryer chicken pieces, skin removed
- 2 large onions, halved
- 3 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 3 cups cooked long grain rice
- Pepper to taste
- 1. Cut vegetables into 2-in. pieces; place in a Dutch oven. Add the water, chicken, onions and bouillon. Bring to a boil; skim fat. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2 hours.
- 2. Set chicken aside until cool enough to handle. Let broth cool for 1 hour; skim fat. Remove meat from bones; discard bones and cut chicken into chunks.
- 3. In a blender, puree the vegetables and broth in batches; strain. Return chicken and broth to Dutch oven. Stir in rice. Cook over medium heat until bubbly, stirring occasionally. Season with pepper. Yield: 20 servings (5 quarts).
1 cup: 108 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 197mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Harvest Chicken Rice Soup
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC