- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 medium potatoes, cut into bite-size pieces
- 3 medium carrots, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
- Combine the flour and paprika; set aside 2 tablespoons. Coat chicken in remaining mixture. In a skillet, brown chicken in oil over medium heat. Drain and set chicken aside. Combine 3/4 cup broth, dill, salt if desired, basil and pepper in the same skillet; bring to a boil. Add potatoes and carrots. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Add chicken; cook for 10 minutes. Add asparagus; cook 15-20 minutes or until chicken juices run clear and vegetables are tender. Combine reserved flour mixture and remaining broth; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forHarvest Chicken
"A family favorite in our house! First thing I make whenever I can get my hands on fresh asparagus!"