Harvest Apple Cheesecake
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 1 hour + chilling
- 2-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 36 squares)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples
- Red, green and yellow liquid food coloring
- In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom and 1-1/2-in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Bake at 325° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. In a bowl, beat cream cheese and 1 cup sugar until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Add the lemon juice, 3 teaspoons cinnamon and vanilla; beat just until blended. In a bowl, toss the apples with the remaining sugar and cinnamon. Arrange apples over crust. Place 1 teaspoon of cream cheese filling each in three bowls; tint one red, one green and one orange (mixing red and yellow). Spread remaining filling over apples. Place each color of filling in a separate pastry or plastic bag; cut a small hole in the corner of bag. Pipe one leaf of each color in the center of cheesecake. Bake at 325° for 60-65 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around the edge of the pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan. Store in the refrigerator.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 20, 2012
I made this for a card party and people loved it. Two changes, though. 1) There is too much cinnamon in the recipe. I cut it down by about 1/2 in the cheesecake. 2) The crust needs more butter. Even though I had it on a cake platter, there were still crumbs all over the desert table. (I also didn't make the decorative top!). But the folks at the part loved it.