This pretty side dish’s bright, citrusy flavors are a great perk-up for down-to-earth entrees—and for people who usually shy away from beets. —Jean Ann Perkins, Newburyport, Maryland
Featured In: The 30-Minute Thanksgiving Dinner
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 can (16 ounces) sliced beets
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- Drain beets, reserving 2 tablespoons juice; set beets and juice aside. In a saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Add vinegar, orange juice and beet juice; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 3-4 minutes or until thickened. Add beets and orange zest; heat through. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Harvard Beets in Taste of Home December/January 1994, p13
Reviews forHarvard Beets
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 20, 2010
"I found this to be a great flavor to enhase the beets."