Hard-Boiled Egg Breakfast Burritos
Instead of making breakfast burritos with scrambled eggs, our home economists created this version as a way to use extra hard-boiled Easter eggs. Green chiles and pepper jack cheese add a little zip. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 3 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chiles
- 3 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- Salsa, sour cream and sliced ripe olives, optional
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage, red pepper and onions over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the cream cheese; cook and stir until cheese is melted. Add the chiles, eggs and cheese. Spoon 1/2 cup filling off center on each tortilla; fold ends and sides over filling and roll up. Serve with salsa, sour cream and olives if desired.
Originally published as Breakfast Burritos in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2003
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.