- 6 sweet potatoes
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (light or dark are both fine)
- 1/3 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- Pierce sweet potatoes with a fork, and roast until a fork can be easily inserted (about an hour). Remove skin and cut into chunks. Mix together the rest of the filling ingredients with the sweet potato, and spread into a casserole dish. Mix together topping ingredients, and sprinkle over sweet potato mixture. Bake at 350 for 40 minutes, until topping is brown. Yield: 8 cups.
Reviews forHannah's Sweet Potato Casserole
"This recipe was delicious, my grandaughters loved it. Thank you for sharing!"
"I tried this recipe and it's delicious--disappointing that someone trolled it with one star."
"I gave it one star as it was terrible. Also it won't let me give 0 stars. Are you sure this little trollop has culinary training?"