Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions, divided
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 to 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 cup diced cooked ham
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, 3 tablespoons green onions, honey and mustard. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- In a bowl, combine the ham and cabbage; gently stir in dressing to coat. Sprinkle with pecans and remaining green onion.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 178 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 376mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 25, 2016
I used some leftover ham (not quite the cup the recipe asked for). I also added an 8 oz can of crushed pineapple, drained. I used a bag of angel hair shredded cabbage. This was extremely easy to make and delicious. Now to see how well the leftovers will keep in the refrigerator. I can see how this would be a great potluck dish. I will definitely make this again.
May 13, 2014
I made this but used leftover cooked chicken in place of the ham. I also added some shredded carrot to the mix.
Aug 4, 2012
This is a great recipe for a hot summer evening, and a good way to use up leftover ham. Plus, it doesn't use mayonnaise. However, I thought it needed a little extra color and nutrition, so I added sliced baby carrot. My family liked it.
Jun 11, 2011
This has been come a staple recipe at my house. I will usually double it and use it as a main course for a nice summer meal. My husband and kids all love it.