Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions, divided
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 to 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 cup diced cooked ham
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, 3 tablespoons green onions, honey and mustard. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- In a bowl, combine the ham and cabbage; gently stir in dressing to coat. Sprinkle with pecans and remaining green onion.
Feb 25, 2016
I used some leftover ham (not quite the cup the recipe asked for). I also added an 8 oz can of crushed pineapple, drained. I used a bag of angel hair shredded cabbage. This was extremely easy to make and delicious. Now to see how well the leftovers will keep in the refrigerator. I can see how this would be a great potluck dish. I will definitely make this again.
May 13, 2014
I made this but used leftover cooked chicken in place of the ham. I also added some shredded carrot to the mix.
Aug 4, 2012
This is a great recipe for a hot summer evening, and a good way to use up leftover ham. Plus, it doesn't use mayonnaise. However, I thought it needed a little extra color and nutrition, so I added sliced baby carrot. My family liked it.
Jun 11, 2011
This has been come a staple recipe at my house. I will usually double it and use it as a main course for a nice summer meal. My husband and kids all love it.