Hamburger Stroganoff with Poppy Seed Noodles Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- POPPY SEED NOODLES:
- 8 ounces wide noodles, cooked and drained
- 2 teaspoons poppy seed
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Chopped fresh parsley
- 1. In a large skillet, cook ground beef in onion and butter until the beef is no longer pink. Stir in the flour, salt, garlic, pepper and mushrooms. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir in soup; bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- 2. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in sour cream; heat through, but do not boil.
- 3. Meanwhile, combine the noodles, poppy seed and butter; toss lightly. Serve stroganoff with noodles. Garnish with parsley. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 509 calories, 25g fat (13g saturated fat), 136mg cholesterol, 810mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 31g protein.
Reviews for Hamburger Stroganoff with Poppy Seed Noodles
"Very good! I did add a little beef broth to it and it turned out great. The whole family loved it. This is a keeper!"
"This wasn't good enough to make again. The only reason for 2* is because it was filling which served a purpose....but wasn't flavorful at all and tasted like hamburger helper."
"easy, economical and tastes good! Usually you don't get all 3 in one recipe. Definitely a keeper."
"Not being big meat eaters, I used just 1 pound of ground beef. I, also, like more sauce so I used the water that rehydrated the dried mushrooms I had on hand. In addition I added 1/2 teaspoon beef bouillon granules. This was so easy to make and tasted great over noodles. The leftover stroganoff tasted even better the next day on the 'Angel biscuits' I had made using the recipe on Taste of Home website. Will definitely make again and soon."
"excellent the whole family loved it"
"Very good! Added onion powder, garlic powder, more salt and pepper, minus the mushrooms."
"Yummy....family loved it!"
"I thought this was just to bland compared to other stroganoff recipes."