Hamburger Stroganoff for Two
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
Makes2 main dishes (2 servings each)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed beef consomme, undiluted
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, undrained
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (for each dish):
- 2 cups cooked spiral pasta
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons water
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook beef, onion and garlic until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the consomme, mushrooms, lemon juice and pepper.
- For each main dish, stir pasta, sour cream and water into half of the meat mixture; heat through (do not boil). Freeze option: Place half of the mixture in a freezer container; cover and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator. Place in a small saucepan and proceed as directed.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 723 calories, 31g fat (16g saturated fat), 157mg cholesterol, 1374mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 55g protein.
Dec 31, 2014
We love this! Although I do cut the lemon juice just a little.
Jun 26, 2013
One of four thought it was good.One said it was "okay"Two didn't like it at all.Too sour for out liking.
May 9, 2012
Needed worcestershire sauce and bay leaves and paprika
Apr 2, 2012
The lemon juice was way too strong. If you make this dish you might want to consider using just salt and pepper or no more than a tablespoon of lemon juice.