- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed beef consomme, undiluted
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, undrained
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (for each dish):
- 2 cups cooked spiral pasta
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons water
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook beef, onion and garlic until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in consomme, mushrooms, lemon juice and pepper. Place half of the mixture in a freezer container; cover and freeze for up to 3 months. To the remaining meat mixture, add pasta, sour cream and water; heat through (do not boil). To use frozen meat mixture: Thaw in a saucepan or skillet and prepare as directed. Yield: 2 main dishes (2 servings each).
Reviews forHamburger Stroganoff for Two
"We love this! Although I do cut the lemon juice just a little."
"One of four thought it was good.One said it was "okay"Two didn't like it at all.Too sour for out liking."
"Needed worcestershire sauce and bay leaves and paprika"
"The lemon juice was way too strong. If you make this dish you might want to consider using just salt and pepper or no more than a tablespoon of lemon juice."