I'm a retired postmaster in our small farming town. I enjoy cooking, square dancing and doing volunteer work. This cheesy quiche is a recipe I pull out and enjoy often.—Reta Ford, Chillicothe, Texas
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- In a large skillet, cook beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the flour, seasonings, milk, eggs and cheese. Transfer to pastry shell. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 476 calories, 29g fat (16g saturated fat), 161mg cholesterol, 408mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein.
Originally published as Cheeseburger Quiche in Casserole Cookbook
Dec 10, 2012
My family loves this quiche! It is also very easy to prepare.
Apr 11, 2010
Very good and Very easy to make. Really tasted like a cheeseburger. Thank you for the idea! I love it!