- 5 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced, divided
- 2/3 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook noodles according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook beef until no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Stir in tomato sauce, sugar, salt and pepper; heat through. Drain noodles; stir into beef mixture.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, ricotta cheese and sour cream until blended. Stir in half of the onions.
- Spoon half the noodle mixture into a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with cheese mixture and remaining noodle mixture.
- Cover and bake 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through and cheese is melted. Sprinkle with remaining onions. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews forHamburger Noodle Casserole
"My family really enjoyed this dish. I thought it was very simple to put together. I added more than the amount of cheese it called for because we love cheese. I also left out the sour cream because we didn't have any like I thought we did. I will be making this again."
"Over cheesy. Didn't think the cheddar belonged on the top."
"A little time consuming, but tasty. I left out the sugar."
"This recipe actually surprised me!! I was a little skeptical about combining cream cheese, ricotta and sour cream, I thought it would have been too much! I read the reviews, and added some Italian sausage, green peppers and onions. It was so good....comforting on a cold day and very creamy. Will definitely make again!!!!"
"Results were split. Two liked it and two did not. I found it to gooey like, with no real flavor. very bland in my opinion. Will not make again."
"Loved this!! I did not use anything low fat or fat free and it needed a little bit more seasoning, but otherwise, yummy and easy!!"
"Delicious! Used 2lbs of ground beef...also substituted a jar of tomato basil marinara instead of canned tomato sauce and doubled the green onions. The whole family gave it thumbs up. Will definitely make again!"
"Pretty good & simple to make. Next time I may try adding salsa and black olives, or using a mix of sausage and hamburger."
"This is filling. That is all the good I can say about it. It is tasteless. If you want pasta, you'd be better off frying up some hamburger and adding it to Kraft Mac & Cheese, or using a box of Hamburger Helper. With cheese as expensive as it is, don't waste it on this tasteless dish. We have a lot of leftovers which I hope to entice people to eat by adding jarred spaghetti sauce. It was a pain to make, too--lots of dirty pans. If you're looking for a yummy hamburger noodle dish, keep looking!"