Hamburger Noodle Bake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (16 ounces) elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) tomato paste
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup (4 ounces) process cheese (Velveeta)
- In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in salt, chili powder and pepper.
- Place macaroni in a greased 4-qt. baking dish; top with mixed vegetables and beef mixture. Combine tomato paste and water; pour over meat. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 205 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 565mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 15g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 4, 2012
Great comfort food - definately will make again. I didn't have the mixed vegetables so I had to substitute a can of Healthy Request vegetable beef soup. I decreased the water to 1 cup. After dinner the reviews were good - My husband ate 2 FULL plates and the kids ate more than the "try it amount". My husband mentioned it tasted tomatoey - I will probably keep the canned vegetable beef soup and add a jar of spaghetti sauce and omit the water altogether. I will also up the Velveeta cheese to 8 ounces. Overall I thought it was great!
Nov 16, 2011
It was delicious. Will bake on stove top next time.
Oct 31, 2011
My mother use to make a very similar recipe. It is a good, hearty meal and has always been a favorite with my sisters and I.