- 1/2 cup uncooked small pasta shells
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) beef broth
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 3 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Drain pasta and add to the pan; heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forHamburger Minestrone
"This is still simmering, but I tasted it and it's going to be a keeper. My tomato paste was too old, so I used a small can of tomato sauce. I only had 32 oz of beef stock, so used that amount. I don't like the texture of tomatoes, so used a large can of crushed tomatoes (which I figured made up for the "not quite enough" beef stock). I screwed up a week ago and ended up with some garbanzo beans and was going to use them, but chickened out and used kidney beans like the recipe calls for. It needed more salt, so I dumped in some garlic salt. 15 minutes isn't enough simmering time, the carrots aren't done. Next time I'll use canned mixed veggies - I don't like frozen green beans (texture issue again). I'm still giving it a "5" and will definitely make it again."
"I made this tonight and it was really easy and good. I left out the tomato paste because my dad doesn't like too much tomato. Also, I used low sodium beef broth, so I needed to add more salt. I like the idea of adding garlic. I would also like to try it with fresh veggies when I have time to chop them. I used white beans because I like those better than kidney beans. All in all, this was a quick and easy dinner on a cold night. I think it would taste even better if I had time for it to simmer longer. I am looking forward to tomorrow's leftovers!"
"Pretty good and easy"
"I am a widow. My husband was the cook, I am not. When he passed, our daughter was just 22 months old. She is 7 now. I recently bought a whole bunch of taste of home cookbooks, wanting to teach myself for my daughters sake how to cook. This was the first recipe out of 8 books I just got I picked. Only thing I did different was not put the tomato paste in. I didn't measure. I eyeballed it. Used canned veggies, fresh carrots. BEST soup I never tasted! No joke. I am not even a soup person. But this, this is so good! Better then any resturaunt. A keeper!"
"This is the BEST minestrone soup recipe..hands down!"
"Brought this in to work and shared with my co workers. Great comfort food. Will make again and again!"
"I LOVE, LOVE this recipe. I also add 2 cloves of fresh garlic. It is completely fool proof which is what I look for in recipes."