- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley or 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme or 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, cook the beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes to allow flavors to blend. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews forHamburger Garden Soup
"I LOVE THIS RECIPE, AND WILL DEF MAKE IT..CAN I USE BULL MEAT..ITS SO MUCH LEANER, OR DO YOU NEED SOME FAT?JACKIE"