I created this recipe one day after wondering why chicken was often stuffed with ham and cheese but not other meats. I tried it with hamburger and added seasoned bread crumbs for just the right touch. -Lee Deneau, Lansing, Michigan
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1 thin slice fully cooked ham, halved
- 2 slices process American cheese, halved
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 hamburger buns, split
- Lettuce leaves and red onion and tomato slices, optional
- 1. Shape beef into four thin patties. Place a half slice of ham and two half slices of cheese on two patties. Top with remaining patties; pinch edges to seal. Coat both sides of burgers with bread crumbs.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook burgers in oil for 4-5 minutes on each side or until meat is no longer pink. Serve on buns with lettuce, onion and tomato if desired.
1 each: 489 calories, 24g fat (8g saturated fat), 88mg cholesterol, 878mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 33g protein.
Sep 11, 2011
Tasted somewhat bland to me even after I added extra seasonings. My boyfriend liked them though :)
© 2020 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC