Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1envelope taco seasoning
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 6 ounces tortilla chips
- 4 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a skillet, cook ground beef and onion until meat is browned and onion is tender; drain. Stir in taco seasoning, chilies and tomatoes. Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- Place half the tortilla chips in a 13x9-in. baking dish. Layer half of the meat mixture and half of the Monterey Jack cheese over the tortilla chips. Repeat layers.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Remove from oven. Top with dollops of sour cream. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and bake another 10 minutes or until heated through.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 27, 2015
This was a quick good dinner. I already had the ground beef browned, heated up in the microwave and finished in the oven.
Nov 1, 2011
Awesome recipe! Just like I remember, except for the hamburger, which makes it more of a lunch or dinner (at least in my opinion). To make true Chilaquiles (for breakfast), I left out the hamburger and added an additional 14.5 oz can of diced tomatoes (with green chiles) and served with eggs. You're right, they are delicious! This is a keeper!