- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 package (1-1/4 ounces) taco seasoning
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 can (28-ounce) whole tomatoes with liquid, cut up
- 1/2 package (12 ounces) tortilla chips
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a skillet, cook ground beef and onion until meat is browned and onion is tender; drain. Stir in taco seasoning, chilies and tomatoes. Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Place half the tortilla chips in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Layer half of the meat mixture and half of the Monterey Jack cheese over the tortilla chips. Repeat layers. Bake at 350*deg; for 20 minutes. Remove from oven. Top with dollops of sour cream. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and bake another 10 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forHamburger Chilaquiles
"Awesome recipe! Just like I remember, except for the hamburger, which makes it more of a lunch or dinner (at least in my opinion). To make true Chilaquiles (for breakfast), I left out the hamburger and added an additional 14.5 oz can of diced tomatoes (with green chiles) and served with eggs. You're right, they are delicious! This is a keeper!"