- 1 boneless fully cooked ham (4 to 6 pounds)
- 3/4 cup water, divided
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 4-1/2 teaspoons ketchup
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1-1/2 cups undrained crushed pineapple
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake at 325° for 1-1/4 to 2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 140° and ham is heated through.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine 1/4 cup water, brown sugar, soy sauce, ketchup, mustard and pineapple. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Combine cornstarch and remaining water until smooth; stir into pineapple sauce. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with the ham. Yield: 16-24 servings (3 cups sauce).
Reviews forHam with Sweet Pineapple Sauce
"My favorite sauce for ham"
"Excellent! Made it exactly as written. Will use this recipe again!"
"Excellent sauce to serve with ham. Wouldn't change a thing."
"I have been using this recipe for the Pineapple Sauce for a number of years now. It is sweet and savory and ham just isn't the same without it."
"This was so good and tasty, the leftover sauce were given to a friend so they could prepare easter dinner with the same sauce."