Ham with Orange-Apricot Sauce
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 1-1/2 hours
Makes15 servings (2-1/4 cups sauce)
- 1 bone-in fully cooked spiral-sliced ham (7 to 9 pounds)
- 1 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons dried currants
- Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Cover and bake at 325° for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until a thermometer reads 140°.
- In a large saucepan, combine the juice concentrate, sugar, apricots, water, cranberries and currants. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Serve with ham.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 384 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 1906mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 2g fiber), 39g protein.
Oct 30, 2011
The orange was definitely the dominant flavor. The sauce is beautiful with the dried cranberries and diced apricots (didn't add the currants). It was very sweet, which complemented the saltiness of the ham.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.