Ham with Creamed Vegetables
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup julienned sweet yellow pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped carrot
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 boneless fully cooked ham steak (1 pound)
- In a large skillet, saute the peppers, onion, celery and carrot in butter for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Sprinkle with flour and pepper. Gradually whisk in milk and bouillon until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Meanwhile, cut the ham steak into four pieces. Cook in a large skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat for 2-4 minutes or until browned on both sides. Serve with vegetable mixture.
Nutrition Facts3 ounce-weight: 251 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 1638mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Jan 25, 2012
This was a really good recipe. I served it with the Dill Rolls on the same page and a rice pilaf.
Aug 20, 2009
I love this recipe! It's great for using up veggies you may have on hand and I always add about a half chopped small head of cabbage to it! We serve it with sausage as well as ham!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.