Ham with Citrus Sauce
"If ham is included at our holiday family gatherings, everyone requests that it's served with this tasty orange sauce," relates Shelly Eckholm from Wing, North Dakota. "It is equally good served hot or cold."
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 1 boneless fully cooked ham (3 pounds)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups orange juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- Place ham on a greased rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 50-60 minutes.
- In a saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt. Add the orange juice, water, lemon juice and butter. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Add the orange and lemon zest. Brush about 3 tablespoons of sauce over ham. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 140° and ham is heated through. Serve remaining sauce with ham.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 255 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 1483mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 0 fiber), 25g protein.
Originally published as Ham with Citrus Sauce in Quick Cooking September/October 2002
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.