- 1/2 fully cooked bone-in ham (6 to 7 pounds)
- 1 jar (12 ounces) cherry preserves
- 1/4 cup cider or red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon each ground cloves, cinnamon and nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons slivered almonds
- Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. If desired, remove skin from ham and score the surface with shallow diagonal cuts, making diamond shapes. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 140°. In a saucepan, combine the preserves, vinegar, corn syrup, cloves, cinnamon and nutmeg. Bring to a boil, stirring often. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in almonds. Serve with the ham. Yield: 10-12 servings (1-1/2 cups sauce).
Reviews forHam with Cherry Sauce
"We used this recipe for years at our rural hospital/nursing home and a few employees have pulled it out to use again this year at home. It's great."