Ham & Sweet Potato Kabobs
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min.
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 pound fully cooked boneless ham, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 yellow summer squash, cut into 3/4-inch slices
- 2 large apples, cubed
- Place sweet potato in a small saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until almost tender. Drain and set aside.
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple aside. In a small bowl, combine the butter, brown sugar and reserved juice. Place the ham, squash, apples, sweet potato and pineapple in a large resealable plastic bag; add the juice mixture. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Drain and discard marinade. On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the ham, sweet potato, squash, apples and pineapple. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until apples are tender, turning occasionally.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 384 calories, 15g fat (6g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 803mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 6g fiber), 17g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 8, 2016
I thought these were just okay, actually very little flavor from the marinade.
May 21, 2009
Excellent dish. I used fresh pineapple and cooked it all in a grill basket and served it over yellow rice. We will definitely make this again!