Ham Slices with Pineapple Recipe
- 1 can (8-1/4 ounces) sliced pineapple
- 1 boneless fully cooked ham slice (6 ounces), cut in half
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 3 tablespoons sherry or apple juice
- 1. Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Add enough water to juice to measure 1/2 cup; set aside. In a large nonstick skillet, lightly brown pineapple and ham. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, melt butter. Whisk in cornstarch and mustard until smooth. Stir in sherry or apple juice and reserved pineapple juice. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over ham and pineapple. Yield: 2 servings.
3 ounce-weight: 278 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 1157mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 16g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 2 fat, 1-1/2 fruit.