“My husband is so fond of this dish that I often double the recipe,” reports Donna Warner of Tavares, Florida. “I mix the leftovers with macaroni and cheese and add a can of cheddar cheese soup for a quick casserole.”
Recommended: Crescent Ring Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 can (8-1/4 ounces) sliced pineapple
- 1 boneless fully cooked ham slice (6 ounces), cut in half
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 3 tablespoons sherry or apple juice
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Add enough water to juice to measure 1/2 cup; set aside. In a large nonstick skillet, lightly brown pineapple and ham. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, melt butter. Whisk in cornstarch and mustard until smooth. Stir in sherry or apple juice and reserved pineapple juice. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over ham and pineapple. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Ham Slice with Pineapple in Cooking for 2 Fall 2005, p55