Ham Salad Puffs
Flecked with pimientos and chives, this fast, flavorful ham salad boasts crunchy pecans, tart pineapple and chewy raisins. A Test Kitchen change-of-pace twist on traditional recipes.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1-1/2 cups diced fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained and patted dry
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 tablespoon diced pimientos, drained
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon ranch salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cream puff shells
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, ranch dressing, sour cream, chives and pepper. Pour over ham mixture and toss gently to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Just before serving, spoon 1/2 cup ham salad into each cream puff shell; replace tops.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 524 calories, 38g fat (7g saturated fat), 164mg cholesterol, 1129mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 2g fiber), 17g protein.
Originally published as Egg Salad Puff in Simple & Delicious May/June 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.