Ham Salad Pineapple Boats
These bountiful "boats" hold a chunky mixture of ham, pineapple, celery and green pepper dressed with a blend of mayonnaise and mustard. "We love this light meal, especially during the summer," says Carol Shafer of Manhattan Beach, California.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 medium fresh pineapple
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green pepper
- Stand pineapple upright and cut in half, leaving the top attached. Remove fruit, leaving a 1-in. shell. Chop fruit; set aside 1 cup for salad and refrigerate the remaining fruit for another use.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and mustard. Stir in the ham, celery, green pepper and reserved pineapple. Spoon into pineapple halves.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 436 calories, 29g fat (5g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 1087mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 3g fiber), 14g protein.
Originally published as Ham Salad Pineapple Boats in Taste of Home August/September 2004
Nov 26, 2014
Easy and delicious. Beautiful to entertain with.
Mar 9, 2010
This ham salad pineapple boat recipe is light, tasty, and incredibly easy to make. It's a keeper and one my family will ask for many times as they love pineapple and ham.