These bountiful "boats" hold a chunky mixture of ham, pineapple, celery and green pepper dressed with a blend of mayonnaise and mustard. "We love this light meal, especially during the summer," says Carol Shafer of Manhattan Beach, California.
Recommended: 45 Surprising Foods You Can (and Should!) Grill
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 medium fresh pineapple
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon chopped green pepper
- Stand pineapple upright and cut in half, leaving the top attached. Remove fruit, leaving a 1-in. shell. Dice fruit; set aside 1 cup for salad and refrigerate the remaining fruit for another use.
- In a bowl, combine mayonnaise and mustard. Stir in the ham, celery, green pepper and reserved pineapple. Spoon into pineapple halves. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Ham Salad Pineapple Boats in Taste of Home August/September 2004, p13
Reviews forHam Salad Pineapple Boats
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 26, 2014
"easy and delicious. Beautiful to entertain with."