Ham Rolls Continental
A neighbor shared many recipes with me when I was a newlywed. This is one I still use on a regular basis. With ham, broccoli and a creamy sauce, it's a pretty dish to serve to guests.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 6 thin slices fully cooked ham (about 5-inch square)
- 6 thin slices Swiss cheese (about 4-inch square)
- 6 thin slices cheddar cheese (about 4-inch square)
- 12 frozen broccoli spears, thawed
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced into rings
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash white pepper
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- Top each ham slice with a slice of Swiss cheese, a slice of cheddar and two broccoli spears (floret ends out); roll up jelly-roll style. Place, seam side down, in an ungreased 11x7-in. baking dish. Arrange onion rings on top.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes. Pour over center of ham rolls.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until the broccoli is tender.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 239 calories, 16g fat (10g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 690mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 16g protein.
Originally published as Ham Rolls Continental in Country Pork
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.