"I love to serve these pretty pinwheels with fresh salsa and jalapenos on the side!" says Deanna Phillips of Ferndale, Washington. Pair with soup or salad for a quick lunch or treat your guests to these wraps as appetizers.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1/4 cup refried beans
- 2 flour tortillas (6 inches), room temperature
- 1/2 cup fresh baby spinach
- 4 slices deli ham (3/4 ounce each)
- 1 hard-boiled large egg, chopped
- 2 tablespoons shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Spread 2 tablespoons beans over each tortilla. Layer with spinach and ham; sprinkle with egg and cheeses. Roll up tightly; wrap in plastic.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Unwrap and cut each into six slices.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 41 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 147mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Pinwheels in Cooking for 2 Summer 2009
Aug 21, 2010
These were really good. But I had trouble keeping the tortilla from tearing and keeping it all wrapped. I subbed turkey slices for the ham and also used colby/monterey and sharp chedder. My kids are begging for more.