Ham & Pineapple Kabobs
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + marinating Bake: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 pounds fully cooked boneless ham, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large fresh pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into 1-in. cubes (about 4 cups)
- In a large shallow dish, combine the first 6 ingredients. Add ham; turn to coat. Refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Drain ham, reserving marinade. For glaze, pour marinade into a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5-7 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, on 12 metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread ham and pineapple; place in a foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Brush with glaze. Bake, uncovered, 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts1 kabob: 144 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 1109mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 15g protein.
Apr 21, 2019
Continuing you comments. So anyway, a lot of money spent and it came out gross!! I googled what could have gone wrong and saw comments about having to use canned pineapple and not fresh would cause that to happen. And that hams are injected with water. I'm still not sure but very disappointed!!!