Ham Pecan Pitas
"For a delightfully different twist on ham salad, try this hearty variation," suggests Bea John of Dixon, Illinois.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 1 hard-boiled large egg, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 8 pita pocket halves
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Spoon into pita bread.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 475 calories, 26g fat (10g saturated fat), 113mg cholesterol, 890mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 19g protein.
Originally published as Ham Pecan Pitas in Taste of Home February/March 1998